Junior Marketing Associate
Location(s): Dallas-Fort Worth (McKinney), Texas
Reports To: President / COO
FLSA Status: Full-time/Exempt
About Streamline Tax Solutions
Streamline Tax Solutions is the nation’s leading tax services firm specializing in Texas Sales and Use Tax. We provide a wide-range of state and local tax consulting and advisory services. We specialize in Audit Reduction Strategies, Audit Defense and Representation and Managed Audits for businesses of all sizes. At the core of our business is one principle driving all engagements: the client should keep more of their money.
Our mission is to exceed expectations and always do the right thing for our employees and our clients. We passionately advocate for each client in all areas of taxation and ensure the fair application of tax laws, regulations and policies. Our knowledge, experience and processes are unsurpassed in the industry, which is why we can offer our clients the lowest total end-cost equation.
The Junior Marketing Associate supports the marketing strategies of the firm and will work closely with the President of the firm. This position works to identify and develop new streams of revenue through a variety of marketing strategies. The Junior Marketing Associate will provide support to senior-level staff, entry-level marketing staff may occasionally have to travel on business. A fast-paced environment is typical, and long hours are sometimes required. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, have a strong work ethic, an advanced knowledge of Excel, excellent business writing ability and strong analytical skills. If you love marketing and helping others, you’re perfect for our team!
Responsibilities and Capabilities (Proficiencies)
Key responsibilities and capabilities could include but are not limited to,
- Conduct market research to define value proposition and target market
- Coordinate marketing and lead generation initiatives to drive sales
- Identify and seek out new industry affiliation opportunities
- Create, design and implement promotions and campaigns
- Work with leadership to refine case studies, business communications and success stories
- Design and execute communication strategy
- Implement marketing plans and campaigns, including direct mail, e-mail marketing, etc.
- Track results and maintain data and from all marketing initiatives
- Maintain and update referral and lead database
- Develop and execute social media strategy
- Update and maintain corporate and professional content on targeted social media websites
- Coordinate company-wide social media activity
- Create corporate branding and content strategy
- Post and manage company-generated content on corporate domain and third party sites
- Create and manage branding, advertising, trade shows, company events and associated promotional collateral
- Lead all marketing activities as the primary brand champion
Required Performance Factors (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
Professionalism and Ethics
- Promotes and applies professional ethics
- Committed to integrity in principle and practice, internally and externally
- Committed to building a consultative relationship with clients as an advocate for their business
- Ability to work responsibly and independently in a remote or virtual capacity
- Ability to perform professionally in the business environment irrespective of organizational factors or conflicts
- Skill in critical analysis of poorly defined problems
- Skill in maintaining strong organization of project work assets
- Ability to handle a variety of projects and responsibilities with limited supervision
- Skill in utilizing MS Excel including ability to create and manipulate data in spreadsheets, create pivot tables, V-lookups and perform complex calculations
- Skill in utilizing MS Word to draft professional reports, client communication, letters, etc.
- Skill in utilizing MS Outlook email, calendaring and task management functions
- Skill in utilizing MS Windows to create file folders, sub-folders, search for documents, etc.
- Skill in utilizing the Internet for research, i.e. browser navigation, Google Advanced Search functions, etc.
- Skill in utilizing a PC and laptop including ability to troubleshoot and resolve basic operating issues
Other Required Performance Factors
- The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and able to work independently to achieve results
- The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic and commitment to integrity and honesty
- The ideal candidate will have a strong attention to detail and demonstrate strong professionalism
- Professional demeanor, presence, behavior, etiquette and attire are required
- Bi-lingual English and Spanish verbal and written fluency is a plus
Required Education and Experience
- BA/BS degree in Marketing from an accredited university preferred
- Two to five years of non-digital marketing experience required
- Two to five years of online marketing experience required
- Two to five years of social media marketing experience required
Physical, Travel and Other Requirements
- The ideal candidate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Must have transportation to and from work locations throughout the assigned region and Dallas as requested without notice to participate in internal and external client meetings, training sessions, client lunches, etc. as requested
- Must be able to travel irregularly up to up to 30% of the time, including travel to professional networking events (local, state, and national) is required, including ability to travel and work weekends as needed
- Must maintain a valid Texas driver’s license and have reliable transportation
- Must be able to pass annual background checks and submit to random drug testing
If you are a marketing professional and interested in a challenging career with a growing firm committed to making a difference and looking for an opportunity to grow, please send your resume to: email@example.com.